Latest Jobs in Kenya 2023- Job Vacancies in Kenya - EjobsinKenya

View latest jobs in Kenya 2023. Today Recent job vacancies, banking, graduate, oil and gas jobs in Kenya, Aviation Jobs and careers. E- Jobs in Kenya is No 1 Latest Jobs in Kenya website for Job vacancies in Kenya. Get Jobs in Kenya 2023 Today.

Jun 7, 2011

Are You Working For A Bank? Be Afraid!!

Can someone please explain what is happening in the banking sector?

Why are Kenyan banks outdoing each other in firing  managers and senior staff?

Consider these bad news in the last six months.

1.Barclays Bank Kenya retrenches two hundred managers (I understand the bank surprised the staff with dismissal letters one Friday morning).
2.Equity banks fires a whole department.
3.Kenya Commercial Bank sacks senior managers, and now
4.Co-op Bank retires 34 senior managers in cost cutting plan ( check Business Daily)

Working in a senior post in a bank must be one of the riskiest jobs in Kenya.

I don’t work in a bank, but by the nature of my job, I deal with bankers. It’s a pity to hear that two of the bankers I work with are now gone with the wind. Both are from Co-op Bank and I wonder what criteria they used that affected these ladies.

These were people I spoke with a couple of weeks ago and we even had ongoing transactions.

I even attentioned her in my last letter to the bank, only to be told she had been sacked and a new officer introduced to me. Very active and passionate about their job. They have been in the system for over 6 years.

I was shocked to hear their sack last week.

Well this shows that anything can happen at any time and whats needed in Kenya is for someone to be skilled in one job, work or the other.

Another simple lesson to learn from all these bank retrenchment is to learn how to save for the rainy days.

Sincerely, most Kenyan bankers cant find jobs away from the banking sector because majority of them cant fit into other sectors of the economy.

The job experience gained at the bank level is not easily ‘transferable’

I just want to express my sympathy for those sacked in those banks and to warn the rest of us!!

Share on Facebook

To Receive daily jobs In Kenya in your inbox,please subscribe here below. This entry was posted on Monday, June 6th, 2011 at 9:44 PM and is filed under CAREER ADVICE. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.

No comments:

Post a Comment