The driver operates and maintains company vehicles with a focus on safety; performing daily pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections; performing minor maintenance tasks on the vehicles when necessary; fueling the vehicles; ensuring that periodic scheduled vehicle maintenance is completed and reported; documenting staff usage; preparing trip reports; preparing accident and incident reports as necessary; providing safety briefing to staff and visitors using the vehicle; and providing other services as requested by management when not engaged in transportation service.
* Operates assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner;
* Maintains defensive driving;
* Provides a communication link between field and staff,
* Assists staff and any other authorized passengers, including handicapped, in and out of the vehicle; operates ramps, lifts and securement devices as needed;
* Reads and interprets maps/signs and driving directions to plan the most efficient route service for staff and visitors;
* Presents safety briefing to passengers prior to each trip departure;
* Keeps the assigned vehicle(s) clean inside and outside;
* Maintains accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, staff transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management;
* Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required;
* Fuels the assigned vehicle(s);
* Coordinates the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance with management and staff to minimize service interruptions;
* Responds immediately to accident or medical emergencies by notifying emergency response providers, and rendering First Aid until emergency personnel arrive;
* Serves as a positive role model while providing transportation service.
* Performs such other duties as may be required
Qualification and Requirements
* Ability to drive a multi-passenger vehicle safely and appropriately, including ability to read and interpret road signs in English;
* ability to read, understand, and adhere to the traffic rules and regulations of the Kenya Government; ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
* ability to establish effective professional relationships with partners, co-workers, and upper level staff and employees;
* ability to prepare concise and accurate records and reports; extensive knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s);
* High school or college education;
* must be a minimum of 28 years of age and maximum 40 years, and possess and maintain a safe driving record of over 5 years;
* Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities, provided the age and safe driving record requirements are met.
*Salary is K’sh 12,000.
If you are up to the challenge, posses the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV and application letter indicating why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title on the email subject to reach us by 30th January 2010.
Please indicate current or last and desired salary.
The Recruiting Manager
Corporate staffing Services
Suite 3, 13th Floor, Development house, Moi Avenue, Nairobi.
Via email to: email@example.com
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV in our database no for interviewing.
Have you registered for jobs updates through SMS? You could be missing on a lot of jobs. Get unique jobs through sms. Click here for details.
To Receive daily jobs In Kenya in your inbox,please subscribe here below. This entry was posted on Monday, January 24th, 2011 at 9:58 AM and is filed under DRIVER & SUPPORT STAFF. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. Responses are currently closed, but you can trackback from your own site.