Latest Jobs in Kenya 2023- Job Vacancies in Kenya - EjobsinKenya

View latest jobs in Kenya 2023. Today Recent job vacancies, banking, graduate, oil and gas jobs in Kenya, Aviation Jobs and careers. E- Jobs in Kenya is No 1 Latest Jobs in Kenya website for Job vacancies in Kenya. Get Jobs in Kenya 2023 Today.

Apr 23, 2015

Help! I Earn K'sh100,000 But I Don’t Have A Social Life


By Jane Okoth,


In this tough economy, many job seekers would stop at nothing to secure a job of their dreams. But how would you feel if that career is the source of your misery?


This is exactly what one Florence Achieng* is going through as evidenced in her email.


“I graduated two years ago from the university and was lucky to secure the job of my dreams in an Audit firm. Everything is going well in terms of my remuneration as I earn a monthly salary of Ksh 100,000 so my financial issues are well catered for.


I Earn K’sh100,000 but I Don’t Have A Social Life


“Despite having a job, I feel very incomplete. This is because my work schedule is interfering with my social life. My normal routine entails reporting to work at around 7.00 in the morning and am back home at 7.00 pm. As if this is not enough, I sometimes work overtime including on Sundays!


My work load is heavy and I sometimes have to complete some assignments at home. This resulted to a lonely life as I no longer have friends. I used to go out clubbing and socializing, but now it seems as though my social life has slowly withered away.


I desperately want a social life more than anything at the moment. I just want to go on adventures, have fun with friends but I can’t because of my tight work schedule.


My friends keep calling me all the time inviting me for girls night out, but I have to turn them down for the sake of my career.


At the moment am confused because I don’t want to lose my job. I am stuck between my having a career and my social life. What should I do?”


What advice would you give Florence?


Dont Miss any Job Or Article Subscribe to Career Point Kenya by Email FOR FREE CLICK HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment