Latest Jobs in Kenya 2023- Job Vacancies in Kenya - EjobsinKenya

View latest jobs in Kenya 2023. Today Recent job vacancies, banking, graduate, oil and gas jobs in Kenya, Aviation Jobs and careers. E- Jobs in Kenya is No 1 Latest Jobs in Kenya website for Job vacancies in Kenya. Get Jobs in Kenya 2023 Today.

Apr 20, 2015

How To Answer “Tell Me About Yourself” in an IT Assistant Interview


Interview Tips: Tell me About Yourself


By Elizabeth Benu,
Apart from having the right skills for an entry level job, you still need to be ready for an interview and answer the questions right. The “Tell me about yourself” question always seems to be a hard nut to crack for entry level job seekers as well as experienced one.


If you are a fresh IT graduate with only 3 months internship/attachment experience, here is how to answer “Tell me about yourself in an IT Assistant job interview


The answer to “tell me about yourself” in an IT Assistant Interview includes:


An introduction of yourself and a few personal details, your education background, work experience and why you are interested in the position.


Sample Answer:


My name is John Wesonga and I am 25 years old. I am a holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology from the University of Nairobi and a diploma in Web Design from the Nairobi Institute of Technology. My experience as an IT Intern for 3 months at ABC Company exposed me to tasks that involved assisting in the provision of daily technical support and troubleshooting of all computer systems and networking with consideration to the needs and requirements of the company.


I was also tasked with the installation, configuration and upgrading of desktop and laptop computers and software, developing, testing and implementing software applications and maintaining necessary documentation for system maintenance and support procedures in the mission. These are some of the key skills needed in an IT Assistant job.


Experience in software development in projects based on C#, Java script, .NET framework, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services is what I learnt during my internship and would come in handy for this IT Assistant position.


In regards to my interest in this position, I can see that the IT Assistant will be responsible for designing, organizing, modifying, and supporting the company’s computer systems as well as maintaining the system’s efficiency. This a task that I successfully handled as an Intern and would be interested to continue. My interest in this position stems from the opportunity to grow as an IT professional and oversee continuous service level improvement initiatives in your company.


“Concentrate on your professional life UNLESS the interviewer asks a personal question,” advices Perminus Wainaina, a Recruitment Manager at Corporate Staffing Services.


Do you have a question concerning the above? Email elizabeth@careerpointkenya.co.ke


Dont Miss any Job Or Article Subscribe to Career Point Kenya by Email FOR FREE CLICK HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment