Latest Jobs in Kenya 2023- Job Vacancies in Kenya - EjobsinKenya

View latest jobs in Kenya 2023. Today Recent job vacancies, banking, graduate, oil and gas jobs in Kenya, Aviation Jobs and careers. E- Jobs in Kenya is No 1 Latest Jobs in Kenya website for Job vacancies in Kenya. Get Jobs in Kenya 2023 Today.

Apr 24, 2015

I Work For A Relative Who Pays Me Peanuts…What Should I Do?


By Tabitha Makumi,


The big question is, would you mind working for a relative who barely pays you enough and not because the company is performing poorly but because he believes he is doing you a favour by offering you an opportunity?


Apparently, that’s how Patrick Mesa a Purchasing Officer who works for his cousin in a shipping company feels and if his email is anything to go by, he needs advice on the kind of career move he should take next.


“I graduated in 2012 with a BA in Supply Chain Management and after job hunting for six months I wasn’t lucky enough to land a job with my dream employers. I however took up an opportunity with a cousin of mine who owns a shipping company in Mombasa.


As an intern I started off with a stipend of Kshs 7,500 and after confirmation it was increased to Kshs10, 000. It’s been two years and I am earning Kshs15, 000. I thought this was the case with everyone on my level but I was shocked to learn that there’s even a diploma holder who earns Kshs40, 000.


I am not lazy, I am a hard worker who treats his job with all the seriousness it deserves but there’s this feeling I get that my cousin thinks he doing me a favour by letting me stay. I have been job searching but my job search hasn’t been forthcoming.


The thing is, I don’t want to burn bridges with my cousins but I don’t want to live like this (unappreciated and underpaid) what advice would you offer me?”


Well, what is your advice for Patrick?


Dont Miss any Job Or Article Subscribe to Career Point Kenya by Email FOR FREE CLICK HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment