Latest Jobs in Kenya 2025- Job Vacancies in Kenya - EjobsinKenya

View latest jobs in Kenya 2025. Today Recent job vacancies, banking, graduate, oil and gas jobs in Kenya, Aviation Jobs and careers. E- Jobs in Kenya is No 1 Latest Jobs in Kenya website for Job vacancies in Kenya. Get Jobs in Kenya 2025 Today.

Mar 8, 2015

I Got a D- in My KCSE? Is There Any Hope For Me?


By Elizabeth Benu


The 2014 KCSE Results are out and out of the 483,630 candidates who sat the exams 3,073 were elated to score an overall mean grade of A. Their dreams of becoming neurosurgeons and engineers are starting to materialize.


However Dennis Bosire is a sad young man. He scored a D- and his hopes of becoming a civil engineer are shattered.


This is his story:


“I never really expected outstanding results but a D- was never on my mind. With the results out it is clear that no university will take me in. Poor performance in their grand institutions is something they can never allow.


This is not the first time I am failing. I failed once during my first term form four exam where I scored a D+. I know it is shameful to even talk about it but I used to score a C+ and above.


There is no hope for me with my unfortunate grade


I always had a dream of becoming a civil engineer and I would have this dream written out on a piece of paper which I hung by my bed. With such a poor grade I am worried because my parents and neighbors think of me as a huge failure.


None of my parents are willing to invest money in my studies again. If I had a better grade I would at least have a sponsor or a good will ambassador.


I believe in myself and I know I worked hard in school. If the education system was a bit lenient I would gladly start from certificate level and go up. Now I have to bridge and there is no money.


With my grade there is no hope for me. I cannot even afford to re-sit my exams because I am getting older and it is time wastage for me. I can only resort to menial jobs such as mjengo or operate a mkokoteni in my village hoping that I would raise enough money for my engineer dream to come true.


I got a D- in my KCSE and I need help


But before I give up, is there any assistance I could get and will any formal employer be willing to employ me with a D-?


Please help before all hope is lost


Do you have a career dilemma you would like to share? Contact elizabeth@careerpointkenya.co.ke


Dont Miss any Job Or Article Subscribe to Career Point Kenya by Email FOR FREE CLICK HERE




No comments:

Post a Comment